Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Would You Please Give Me a Good Doll Wig Manufacturer

  1. #1
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    Ok, I am going to re-wig Cynthia Diane instead of a new head. Where can I get a good wig, what type of hair should I use, and its a size 11.5 correct? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I rewigged Ruthie, I was fortunate enough to find a doll shop/museum there I could go to try the wigs on her. I found this to be really valuable, as the brands were different. In some, she needed an 11, some 12. In one, a 10 would have worked, and in another 12 was incredibly huge.
    It also allowed me to choose the style I wanted. I knew I wanted to make her into Ruthie, and I knew I wanted a not-blonde, no-bangs style. The colors, curls and lengths were so varied that it was hard to decide. I ended up with an auburn mid-shoulder, human hair wig. (At a much better price an online human hair wig prices!) I am very pleased with it.

    Given your location, you should be able to find a doll supply store or hospital where you could take your doll (with wig removed-- put a hat on her) to try on wigs. Even if you don't buy there, it can give you a better idea of what you're looking for, if you're looking to change her look.

    If you want something like her original wig, I know there are a few gals here who have found AGoT-style wigs who can help.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I buy most of my wigs from Audrey's and I either buy Monique or Global. I buy the 11/12 size wig. They have a $25 minimum order but she has lots of shoes and other clothing so I have no problem making the minimum. She has some Monique wigs on 50% off sale. I forgot, I just bought 5 Kemper wigs and they are also very nice.I have them sitting on my cutting table to try on the girls and I just saw them.

    http://www.audreysdolls.com/

    http://www.kemperdolls.com/

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 23, 2005 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Kathy Henning ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kathy - that is a phenomenal website. Could you share what size shoes AGs wear? Because they've got several pair I'd like to choose from for Nellie, Sam, and Kirsten.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •